We have two types of programme:
1. For international teachers and trainee teachers from both within and outside the European Union, Scandinavia and Turkey. These can be individually designed programmes, but more often take the format described below.
2. The Comenius sponsored programme in Teaching skills and methodologies, with educational leadership seminars. Applicants are eligible for European Commission grants, and must be nationals of the European Union, Scandinavia or Turkey.
The course is aimed at trainee or practising teachers of English and other subjects, who wish to develop their language and teaching skills further.
The course includes:
- developing command of written and spoken English and building confidence in using English in the classroom
- grammar clinics
- extending vocabulary and pronunciation
- developing reading, writing, listening and speaking skills managing classroom activitiesm
- managing classroom activities
- using games and music in the classroom
- planning effective lessons
- using resources and , media (e.g. video, newspapers, computers, the internet
- observation of lessons at various levels
At the end of the course you will have:
- explored teaching methods and resources
- improved your classroom and presentational skills
- improved your own language skills
Structure of the programme:
In general, participants have 20 morning lessons and 10 afternoon sessions which include visits to schools, universities,and suppliers of educational resources. We are also able to tailor programmes to meet special requirements.