Shrewsbury School - Sports & Tech Academy + English (11-16 years)
Price Range £1,300.00 per week
Price Includes Tuition, full board accommodation, full social programme 7 days a week, 1 full day and 1 half-day excursion per week, laundry, medical and travel insurance, return airport transfers
Beginners Beginners Welcome
Class Size 12 maximum
Course Length 1 weeks - 4 weeks
Town / City & Region Shrewsbury , Central England
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 15.0
Ages 11 - 16
Course Type Junior
An intensive programme for those who are passionate about sports or fascinated by technology - all taught in English.
Shrewsbury School is well-known as a traditional independent school. It was founded in 1552. It is located across the River Severn in the thriving market town of Shrewsbury; Manchester airport is 1.5 hours away; London Heathrow approximately 3-4 hours.
- Beginner to advanced levels (beginners under 14 years only)
- 15 hours' English classes + 12-15 hours' sports coaching/tech classes per week
- Students choose one of the following options each week: Dance £120/week, Tennis £120/week, Golf £210/week, Adventure Sports £225/week, Horse-riding £225/week, Tech £150/week
- Tech Academy: Coding with Raspberry Pi - enables you to explore coding in a fun and practical way
- Challenging activities related to team-building and leadership skills designed to develop confidence, decision making and communication skills
- Varied afternoon and evening programme 7 days a week
- 1 full day and 1 half day excursion per week e.g. Birmingham (Sea Life, Science Centre), Chester, Drayton Manor Theme Park, Liverpool (Beatles museum, World museum), Manchester (Science & Industry Museum, Trafford Centre)
- Plus: lots of opportunities to experience British culture and speak English with our English Student Hosts
- Free arrival/departure transfers for Heathrow, Birmingham and Manchester airports.
To find out more go to www.discoverysummer.co.uk/sportsacademy.php