Shrewsbury School - English + Multi-Activity (11-16 years)
Price Range £1,300.00 per week
Price Includes Tuition, full board residential accommodation, full social programme 7 days a week, 1 full day and 1 half day excursion per week, laundry, medical and travel insurance, return airport transfers
Beginners Beginners Welcome
Class Size 12 maximum
Course Length 2 weeks - 4 weeks
Town / City & Region Shrewsbury , Central England
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 22.5
Ages 11 - 16
Course Type Junior
Shrewsbury School is well-known as a traditional independent school. It was founded in 1552. It is located across the River Severn from the thriving market town of Shrewsbury; Manchester airport is 1.5 hours away; London Heathrow approximately 3-4 hours. The school has a very fine campus with both traditional and modern buildings.
- Beginner to advanced levels (Beginners under 14 years only)
- 21 hours' per week English Skills and English Workshops e.g. British Quiz, Darwin's Word, Debate, Robot Design, Recycled Art
- The Trinity Exam is offered on 16 and 30 July. It is optional but highly recommended (£95)
- Challenging activities related to team-building and leadership skills designed to develop confidence, decision making and communication skills
- Full and varied afternoon and evening programme
- 1 full day and 1 half day excursion per week e.g. Birmingham (Sea Life, Science Centre), Chester, Drayton Manor Theme Park, Liverpool (Beatles Museum, World Museum), Manchester (Science & Industry Museum, Trafford Centre)
- Plus: Lots of opportunities to experience British culture and speak English with our English Student Hosts
- Free arrival/departure transfers for Heathrow, Birmingham and Manchester airports.
To find out more go to www.discoverysummer.co.uk/shrewsbury.php
You can view video clips of Discovery Summer Shrewsbury in action.