Price Range £760.00 per week - £885.00 per week
Price Includes All teaching, materials, visits, tea/coffee, library books and DVDs, internet, language report and attendance certificate
Beginners Not for beginners
Course Length 1 weeks
Town / City & Region Edinburgh , Scotland
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 30.0
Ages 18 - 100
Course Type Special Interest
Environmental English courses at ECS Scotland are suitable for a wide range of professionals or research students working in areas such as landscape or ecosystem surveying, renewable energy, ecology and nature conservation. Environmental experts, park rangers and tourist guides who work in English, will also benefit from the course.
Why come to Edinburgh for an Environmental English course? Although a town, Edinburgh itself and the surrounding areas have an interesting mix of inland and coastal landscapes and geographical features for environmentalists and nature enthusiasts. What better place to improve your English?
The course includes classroom English language tutorials in our British Council accredited language school in Edinburgh and site visits to places of environmental interest inside and outside of Edinburgh, including talks by local rangers. The course is taught by qualified English teachers with a background in Environmental Science.
During the Environmental English course at ECS Scotland you can expect to:
- develop your general English and environment specific vocabulary so you can communicate effectively with colleagues and clients in English
- discuss environmental issues such as resource management, public access, invasive species and so on
- improve your pronunciation for giving presentations and guided walks
- practise writing reports or visitor information such as brochures, leaflets, signs, information panels, as required
- review grammar points, as required
- you have the opportunity to request topics of interest
- 30 hours of English language tuition and on-site visits
- Small group, maximum 5 participants
- Participants should have an intermediate to advanced (B1 - C1) level of English
- Needs analysis and Skype interview before arrival
There are many places of envionmental interest on Edinburgh's doorstep. Edinburgh and the surroundings are a great place for an Environemental English course.