Norwich Institute for Language Education (NILE)
Online: MA Elective Module - Content and Language Integrated Learning
Price Range £145.75 per week
Beginners Not for beginners
Class Size 16 maximum
Course Length 8 weeks
Town / City & Region , Central England
Tuition Style Combination of Group and One to One Tuition
Tuition Hours Per Week 0.0
Ages 18 - 65
Course Type Online
Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) is the practice of teaching subjects such as science, mathematics or history in English to learners whose first language is not English.
This online course helps you to become an educational practitioner ready to support learners in bilingual or multilingual CLIL settings.
You will explore the particular needs of CLIL learners, discover ideas to use in a CLIL classroom and develop the know-how to design your own CLIL activities.
Throughout the course you will be able to share, discuss and collaborate with other learners.
The aims of the Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) course are:
• To discover what CLIL is
• To identify and use a range of teaching strategies for supporting learners to achieve both subject and language learning outcomes
• To develop effective CLIL activities
• To plan effective CLIL lessons
• To reflect on work completed on the course and to identify areas for continuing professional development
Who should apply
• You should ideally have a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, plus language teaching experience and the level of English needed for successful completion of a course of study at postgraduate level. You may also be considered if you have extensive language teaching experience but few or no formal qualifications
• Completion of the Core Module (although in exceptional circumstances a student might be permitted to study for this module prior to the Core Module).
How to apply
In order to take an MA module, you need to enrol for the MA programme. This does not commit you to taking the entire qualification, and you can pay for each module as you apply for it. Please note that it is usual to start with the core module but do contact the Registrar for advice if necessary.
• Complete the online application process for the NILE postgraduate program (you will need to include a copy of your CV with your application)
• The Registrar will then contact you in order to obtain evidence of your qualifications, details of your referees and proof of your English language level (IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC etc.)
• Your application will then be forwarded to the Academic Director for approval
Once your application has been approved, you will be invited to make your first payment online. Once we have received notification of this payment, the Registrar will send you confirmation of your module enrolment, pre-course information and accommodation details, if required.