International House London
Teacher Training Courses
Accommodation Homestay / Residence / Hotel / Self-catering
Price Range £373.75 per week
Beginners Not for beginners
Class Size 15 maximum
Course Length 2 weeks - 12 weeks
Town / City & Region London , London
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 0.0
Course Type Teachers
We offer a range of internationally recognised English language teaching (ELT) qualifications including CELTA and TESOL.
Language teacher training courses are taught face-to-face at our central London language school or we have an increasing number of online language teacher training programmes that can be studied remotely.
We can help you whether you're new to language teaching, want to take your expertise to the next level or would like to develop your language teaching skills in a specific area.
Teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) qualifications at International House London include CELTA for native speakers or those with C2 language level and IH TESOL for those with C1 language level.
Both CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) and IH TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) certificates are designed to help you develop a successful career in teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL).
- Full-time CELTA courses starting every month
- Part-time CELTA courses throughout the year
- Online CELTA courses in collaboration with Cambridge ESOL
- Full-time TESOL courses starting every month
- Part-time TESOL courses throughout the year
The Cambridge English CELTA is the go-to course for anyone seeking a qualification in teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL). The CELTA is recognised world-wide and is accredited at level 5 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
- Minimum English level: C2 Advanced+
- The CELTA is an intensive and rewarding course.
- You will teach real students from an early stage and receive feedback from your tutor and peers.
- Throughout you are taught as you are being asked to teach and are encouraged to reflect on your understanding and performance.
Completing the CELTA will help you to:
- become more language-aware and able to apply this knowledge when teaching
- gain a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners
- start to understand how and why adults learn English and the role of the teacher and learner
- understand the principles and practice of effective teaching
- understand which resources to use with adult learners for teaching, testing and reference purposes
- identify development opportunities as a professional in the field
You don't need teaching experience to apply for the CELTA but you will need to complete a language awareness task and interview as part of your application.
IH TESOL Overview
International House is in a unique position to offer the IH Certificate in TESOL. Our full-time course is designed for those with a non-native level of English who would like to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL). Course participants must have C1 advanced minimum English level.
- This TESOL course will help you understand the principles of teaching adult learners and develop practical skills to plan and deliver engaging and dynamic lessons.
- You will study the same course content as the CELTA.
- You will participate in the same practice group led by the same tutors, with the same methodology and language sessions.
- You will be assessed differently and, on successful completion of the course, you will be awarded the International House Teaching Certificate.
The IH Cert in TESOL will help you:
- understand the principles of effective teaching and acquire the practical skills to allow you to do this
become more aware of language and able to apply this knowledge when teaching
learn how to develop professionally in the field
start to understand how and why adults learn English and the role of both the teacher and the learner