University of Wolverhampton International Academy
Pre-sessional English courses
Price Range £239.00 per week
Price Includes Tuition, university facilities
Beginners Not for beginners
Class Size 20 maximum
Course Length 33 weeks
Town / City & Region Telford , Central England
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 20.0
Ages 18 - 99
Course Type Academic Purposes
Pre-sessional courses include:
- Intensive Language development
- Project work and autonomous learning skills development
- Practice in academic writing, presentation skills, and dealing with academic texts in English (both spoken and written)
- An introduction to the University and its academic culture
- Maximum class size: 22
The International Academy offers pre-sessional courses at Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate and University Preparation: Academic English Language Skills to meet the needs of all kinds of learners.
The following courses will take you to a level equivalent to IELTS 6.00. You then have the further study options depending on the level you need for your future degree and your own learning preferences. Please contact us to discuss what might be more suitable for you.
Please note: we will look at all the elements in your IELTS score (reading, writing, speaking, listening). If you are low in more than one element, you may be advised to do a longer course.
You can apply online using the Pre -sessional links below
- Pre-sessional English and Academic Skills Elementary (IELTS score of 4 (or equivalent) - 28 weeks to IELTS 6)
- Pre-sessional English Language Skills Pre-Intermediate (IELTS score of 4.5 (or equivalent) - 15 weeks to IELTS 6)
- Pre-sessional English Language Skills Intermediate (IELTS score of 5 (or equivalent) - 10 weeks to IELTS 6)
- Pre-sessional University Preparation: Academic English Language Skills for University (IELTS score of 5.5 (or equivalent)- 5 weeks to IELTS 6)
Classes take place at Telford Innovation Campus in the historic Priorslee Hall, set in the Shropshire countryside but remains close to both motorway and train links, Birmingham is just 30 minutes travel time and London 2 hours 30 minutes. Telford Campus offers a friendly safe environment with modern accommodation, a learning centre, restaurant and social areas. A free shuttle bus runs to Wolverhampton University Campus and Telford town centre is close by which offers many modern shops, restaurants and places of entertainment.
Contact us and find out more:
Tel: +44 (0) 1902 322525