Accommodation Homestay / Residence
Price Range £326.00 per week
Price Includes 28 lessons per week, all course materials.
Beginners Not for beginners
Class Size 14 maximum
Course Length 6 weeks
Town / City & Region Brighton , South East England
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 21.0
Course Type Examinations
This course is aimed at students who need to improve the key language skills needed to score as high as possible in all part of the IELTS exam.
- Fluency in all main areas of English
- Development of exam technique and practice
- Practical experience of IELTS papers
Course Structure and Content
Students study 20 lessons of General English lessons (15 hours), and 8 lessons of IELTS preparation lessons (6 hours) each week. They can also combine the course with additional one-to-one lessons of IELTS preparation.
A wide range of areas are covered in the course, focussing on the four parts of the exam: speaking, reading, writing and listening. In addition to exam-specific training, the course also helps students to develop their broader communication and English language skills.
Students will also be given training in exam techniques and strategies, such as:
- working under exam conditions
- understanding the requirements of each section of the exam
- understanding what the examiner is looking for
- planning and reviewing your answers à preparing mentally for exam day
- time management
- practice of actually completing four parts of the exam under simulated exam conditions (mock exams)