BEET Language Centre
Online CELTA - Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Price Range £1,374.00 per week
Price Includes VAT and Cambridge Fee
Beginners Not for beginners
Class Size 15 maximum
Course Length 4 weeks
Town / City & Region Online , Central England
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 30.0
Course Type Teachers
CAMBRIDGE CELTA – (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
On successful completion of the course, you’ll get a Cambridge CELTA Certificate, awarded by Cambridge Assessment English, part of the University of Cambridge. This fully qualifies you to teach English in the UK and abroad and follows the same syllabus requirements as the face-to-face course. https://www.cambridgeenglish.org/teaching-english/teaching-qualifications/celta/
It’s also the ideal course if you’re already teaching and want to gain a formal, internationally-recognised qualification. Awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment (part of the University of Cambridge) it’s the industry standard certificate course, with genuine global recognition.
The CELTA course is very practical and from week one you’ll be teaching real overseas students on Zoom. It’s really rewarding and, although it requires a lot of effort, your course tutors will always be there to provide guidance and support.
If English isn’t your first language, you’ll need to be an advanced speaker, with a minimum level of C1 or higher, so you can teach our B2 students. If your level isn’t quite high enough, you can study the same practical content as the CELTA on our ITTC Certificate in TESOL course.
What you’ll get:
• Two daily input sessions
• Lesson planning guidance
•6 hours real-life teaching practice
• Reflection and feedback sessions
• 6 hours observation of experienced teachers with real classes
What you’ll cover:
• Learners and teachers and the teaching and learning context
• Language analysis and awareness
• Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
• Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
• Developing teaching skills and professionalism
Course hours: As per the face-to-face course - 120 contact hours, including 6 hours of assessed teaching practice and 6 hours observing experienced teachers.
Course times: Monday – Friday, 09.00 – 5.00pm (UK time). Plus, you will need to do homework, assignments and lesson preparation in the evenings and at weekends.
Delivery: 100% online, including all teaching practice. All components will be delivered on Zoom (www.zoom.us).
• Reliable broadband Internet (Minimum bandwidth is 600kbps (up/down) and recommended is a minimum of 1.5 Mbps (up/down) – Check the speed of your connection here https://www.speedtest.net/
• A webcam – all participants must keep this on at all times, unless instructed to turn it off.
• A headset (even if your PC / laptop has built-in speakers), to ensure that the sound quality is good enough and that external noises don’t interrupt the Zoom meetings.
• A microphone (probably built into your headset).
Please note: You need to be reasonably confident with using computers – while we will provide some initial training on using the appropriate software, we are not able to provide technical support. If you are not computer literate, it is not recommended that you sign up to the online CELTA course.
Cost: £1374 (incl. all VAT and Cambridge fees)