BEET Language Centre
ITTC CTESOL ONLINE - The ITTC Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Price Range £1,218.00 per week
Price Includes VAT
Beginners Not for beginners
Class Size 15 maximum
Course Length 4 weeks
Town / City & Region , South West England
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 30.0
Ages 18 - 100
Course Type Teachers
Minimum language level: B2+ CEFR / 6.5 IELTS
ITTC’s new, 100% online, Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) is designed for people with English as a second language. Now it’s all online, including practice teaching real overseas students, you can develop your teaching skills from wherever you are in the world in just 4 weeks!
The Online ITTC Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CTESOL) is designed to provide you with a great practical foundation to your teaching career. It is for people with English as a second language who may feel their own level of English is not quite ready for our Cambridge CELTA course.
It will train you to Teach English to Speakers of Other Languages. On completion you will receive an ITTC Certificate, but the course is run in combination with, and follows the same syllabus as, the Cambridge CELTA course, and you will be working with other trainees on that course.
What you’ll get:
• Two daily input sessions
• Lesson planning guidance
• 6 hours real-life teaching practice
• Reflection and feedback sessions
• 6 hours observation of experienced teachers with real classes
What you’ll cover:
• Learners and teachers and the teaching and learning context
• Language analysis and awareness
• Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
• Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
• Developing teaching skills and professionalism
Cost: £1218 (incl. VAT)
Course hours: 120 contact hours, including 6 hours of assessed teaching practice and 6 hours observing experienced teachers.
Course times: Monday- Friday, 09.00 - 5.15pm (UK time). Plus, you will need to do some homework, assignments and lesson preparation in the evenings and at weekends.
Delivery: 100% online, including all teaching practice. All components will be delivered on Zoom (www.zoom.us).
• Reliable broadband Internet (Minimum bandwidth is 600kbps (up/down) and recommended is a minimum of 1.5 Mbps (up/down) - Check the speed of your connection here https://www.speedtest.net/
• A webcam - all participants must keep this on at all times, unless instructed to turn it off.
• A headset (even if your PC / laptop has built-in speakers), to ensure that the sound quality is good enough and that external noises don't interrupt the Zoom meetings.
• A microphone (probably built into your headset).
Or contact the Head of Training with any queries or questions on firstname.lastname@example.org