£370.00 per week - £750.00 per week
Tuition, 1 study trip to a museum during class time
1 weeks - 7 weeks
Town / City & Region
Kensington , London
Tuition Hours Per Week
5 - 17
Our Family London course for children (5-17 years), Adults (18+ years) is held in an impressive building on six floors, 5 minutes' walk from Gloucester Road and Earl's Court Underground Stations. It is in a safe, residential area. Parents who are not studying with us bring their children in the morning and collect them after class. Adults and children are taught in separate classes.
- Classes Monday to Friday 09:00-12:30h OR 13:30-17:00h (15 hours' tuition per week)
- We do not offer accommodation in London, but we can send you a list of hotels and apartments.
Juniors (5-17 years):
- Beginner to advanced (Beginners accepted from 5-10 years only)
- Maximum class size 12 students
- Task based classes are lively and fun. There is an emphasis on spoken English whilst learning new grammar and vocabulary. Each Monday you begin a new project linked to the weekly museum visit
- A highlight of the week is the study visit with your teacher to one of the Kensington museums (Science, Natural History, V&A), Design Museum, Kensington Palace, a 20-25 minute walk away
- 5-6 year olds are only accepted if their parent/guardian is studying with us or stays at the school until their child is settled. They do not go on study visits, instead they'll be learning English through fun activities on site.
Teens (13-17 years):
- Teens selecting a full day programme (09:00-17:00h) follow the half-day morning programme as above, plus afternoon activities and excursions
- 3 afternoons per week: explore London with your teacher. Visits include e.g. Tower Bridge, guided tour of Houses of Parliament, Thames river cruise and more
- 2 afternoons per week: activties on site e.g. art and design, team building, research and create an historic London timeline
- Bring a packed lunch every day and a Zone 1 Travel/Oyster Card.
Adult course (18+ years):
- Beginners to advanced
- Maximum class size 10 students
- A needs analysis is carried out before the course
- Classes are lively and fun whilst covering grammar, reading, writing, speaking, listening and pronunciation. There is an emphasis on spoken communication and a focus on real world day-to-day topics
- Relax in our cafe at break-times with other international students
- Optional weekly afternoon or evening family social event (at extra cost) e.g. dine in local restaurants, games in the park, Thames river cruise, West End musical
1:1 classes are offered in the afternoons only, subject to availability. Min 1 hour, max 3 hours per day.
For more information go to www.discoverysummer.co.uk/collingham.php
Enquire about this Course
Enquire about this Course