English with Yoga & Wellbeing
Accommodation Homestay / Hotel
Price Range £625.00 per week
Beginners Not for beginners
Class Size 5 maximum
Course Length 1 weeks
Town / City & Region EDINBURGH , Scotland
Tuition Style Group
Tuition Hours Per Week 24.0
Ages 30 - 100
Course Type English Plus (other subjects)
The first part of the day will take place in the school. You will take part in a general English speaking and listening group class. Reflecting real world and workplace multi-level communication scenarios, learn how to communicate effectively across differing levels of English and cultures.
If you prefer a 1-to-1 class to focus on specific English for work, that is also possible.
After a coffee break we will leave the school and walk together to the yoga studio. It will take approximately 30/45 minutes, giving us the chance to take in some of Edinburgh's cityscape, have a chat and get some fresh air before taking part in the yoga class.
Each day you will have a 2-hour wellbeing workshop and yoga class.
What to expect on the English course:
- Practise your conversation and small talk skills
- Discuss topics such as cityscape, work, cultural differences and current affairs
- Fine tune your listening skills
- Receive corrective feedback to help improve your fluency and accuracy
What to expect on the Yoga and Wellbeing course:
- Reflect on how we currently look after our own wellbeing and how our environment or culture might impact this
- Learn about the neurophysiology associated with the stress response, and how chronic stress impacts us physically and emotionally
- Understand how mind/body practices can help us to effectively counteract the impact of working/living in busy and challenging settings
- Develop practical strategies to help when feeling overwhelmed
- Consider how looking after our individual wellbeing can have a positive impact and enrich our environments
- Understand the importance of digital detox